"she works hard for her money..."

I will be posting about my weekend and other fun things soon but I wanted to give you a glimpse into my work life. To fill everyone in I am working for Rockwell Group in NYC for 3 months on an internship. My role here as a Graphic Design Intern is to assist the architects and interior designers with all things graphic design. That means signage, invitations, presentations and a litte environmental graphic design.

My first day was lots of paperwork and meeting people. It was a pretty slow day and didn't give me much work to do. My second day I was introduced to the project I am currently working on! Unfortunately, because of the confidentiality I can't tell you about the project whatsoever. I will tell you that I am designing a workbook for a very large company.

To get an insight as to what kind of clients Rockwell Group takes on, I thought I would share some of my favorite projects they have done.

City Meals On Wheels

DIFFA Dinners by Design

Chambers Hotel

Clock Bar

82nd Annual Academy Awards

Through working here I will certainly get a lot of experience in design. I'm learning how to communicate better with people who aren't graphic designers and the work schedule of a New Yorker. Some people don't even get here til 10! But I'm learning, and learning fast.

On another note, I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to call everyone this week. I've been working a lot of overtime and am exhausted by the time I get home. I will try to get a call in this week!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Emily. You are incredible and talented!

    ReplyDelete