I always end up in Chinatown...

On Saturday we woke up and ate some breakfast before heading to Chelsea Market to meet up with our friend Kathryn. Seriously.. what an amazing place! I loved it. Markets & local restaurants everywhere. Top it off with some Anthropologie and it makes it my favorite place in NYC thus far.  Kendra and I even went to this awesome little olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting place called The Filling Station. So great!




After Chelsea Market we went up to the Highline which is basically a really long park on top of buildings. There is a path that you can walk from 14th all the way up to 30th! Awesome. And since it was about 57 degrees on Saturday and clear skies we really couldn't have asked for a better day.



We than began walking through Greenwich Village towards Washington Park and Soho. We stopped at the park and watched some street performers before making our way towards Chinatown... Oh Chinatown. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a huge fan of Chinatowns/movies in China(especially sequels)/things revolving around chinese things. But we made the trip down to go to a salon for Kendra and Allie to get their hair blown out (if you want more information on what a blow out is I would check out Kendra's blog to get the details). I have to admit though, NYC's Chinatown is pretty darn cool. There are noodle shops EVERYWHERE! We didn't spend too much time there but I am definitely wanting to go back. Maybe even for Chinese New Years!

By this time we were exhausted and decided to head back to the apartment for some food so we weren't spending money. We ate some dinner and decided to call it a night. After all, we walked like 3895726357 miles during the day. And I have to admit, I was really excited to relax and read more of The Hunger Games. Have you read them yet? DO IT!

Next up: Sunday's Adventures, Outfit posts & Pinterest finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment