The Adventure Begins...

I'm here! I am starting my new adventure in this magical city. I arrived around 7:45 am on Monday. Yes, that means my flight was at 6 and I woke up around 4. And we all know how great of a morning person I am. After a tearful yet excited goodbye I hopped on my flight. As soon as I got off the plane I called my towncar to come pick me up (sounds so fancy!). We drove to my apartment and finally got to see Kendra! She helped me carry my things up to our apartment and showed me our room. Oh! Our Apartment!




It's quite small, but really cute! I don't think our bathroom could get any smaller. Seriously space for only one person! Gets quite complicated with 4 girls running around. It's in that picture above, see the wooden door? Looks like a pantry? It's the bathroom. 

My first day here was spend shopping and unpacking. I'm on the hunt for a down coat and rain boot liners. Hoping to not spend too much as rent here is over double what I pay in Cincinnati! For lunch we went to S'mac for gourmet mac and cheese. They had so many interesting flavors! We got the Alpine and Masala. Personally I loved the Alpine the best, you can't deny gruyere cheese. After we shopped a while we came back to eat dinner in and watch How I Met Your Mother.

Kendra with her matching child's coat in Zara

Yesterday was my first day of work. I woke up surprisingly energized (and overheated, our room is an oven) and got ready to brave the cold. I got into work around 9:30 and started being introduced to everyone. Everyone is very nice and I am just patiently waiting for some work to do. The work they do here is amazing! Makes me wish I were an interior designer. The textile room is a dream, so many great patterns and textures. The day got colder as it went on (30 degrees to about 10) and we definitely got to experience the temperature change when we went out to eat that night.

We went out to Hummus Place for dinner. I got... hummus. Though it was really great hummus and only cost $8 to eat dinner! Awesome! Amy got this amazing Veggie Couscous that we all secretly wished we had ordered. After dinner we walked to Butter Lane. A cupcake shop that allows you to choose from chocolate, white, and banana for your cake and then also choose what kind of frosting you would like on it! There are like 10 different kinds of frosting. I got the salted chocolate on banana cake and it was really good. Not my moms, but still good. 

For my first two days I have done some fun things but I am really looking forward to this weekend! Brunch, sightseeing and bonus–50 degrees! Hooray! I will try and update this as much as possible, definitely more than my last blog ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment