Weekend Update (unfortunately, not with Seth Meyers...)

This weekend was a bit of a crazy one. I worked super late on Friday night so no interesting adventures :( Saturday, however, was a fun one. Since I was at work till the wee hours of the morning I slept in. It was wonderful. Once we were all up and ready to go Allie, Kendra and I headed out. Kendra and I took a trip to Ess-A-Bagel (mentioned here) for some midday bagels. My review? Murray's is still the best. They are much fluffier and they are more generous with their "schmear" (apparently what cream cheese can be called in NYC). Plus it's right by work and their bagels are always fresh. YUM!



Then we headed over to meet up with Allie at some fabric shops including Mood. Kendra and I ran around saying, "this looks pretty" to about everything because we had no clue what we were doing. I'm pretty sure we were absolutely no help to Allie, who needed swatches for a project she is working on. It was fun though, and they had and old school elevator, bellhop included!


Our next plan of action was to head up to the Lincoln Center for some people watching but passed a mini cupcake shop and couldn't resist. Baked By Melissa cupcakes are these darling little things that are the size of a quarter! How cute. They pack a huge punch of flavor. I loved them!



So we did end up heading up to Lincoln Center for some shopping at Century 21 & Zara. Oh, and obviously checking out Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and Julliard. Too bad we couldn't go see a show.. Would have been amazing. The buildings in this area are gorgeous. Huge glass windows everywhere and amazing chandeliers. Plus they heat the outside area, how is that even possible?!




We finished our night at San Loco, a cheap mexican restaurant in the East Village. The food was good but the people were hilarious. Filled with renditions of "I Will Always Love You" in memory of Whitney Houston, it was a wonderful night.

Sunday was a much more relaxing day, it always is. I love Sundays! Kendra and I got up and went to Hillsong where Ben Houston (Son of Brian & Bobbi) was speaking. It was a great message on forgiveness. Turns out, Brian is coming next week to speak at the Exchange as well as Sunday morning! How awesome. Afterwards we headed over to Trader Joe's to get some groceries for the week. As a reward for working so much this week I decided to purchase that camera lens I was talking about here. I have to say, it's pretty awesome. I can't get over how small it is!

I grabbed some lunch at home before heading over to Park Here. A pop-up park inside a gallery, full of huge bean bag chairs and faux grass/flowers. I was excited to go work in natural lighting, feeling outdoors yet not. However, once I got there I quickly discovered that they were filming for a documentary of Eden Wood. I had heard her name before but didn't really understand who she is. Apparently she is some 7 year old Toddlers in Tiara's star who decided to retire from pageantry and become a model. I didn't even know you could retire at 7 years old! So while I did get to spend some time there it was filled with the chaos of filming and setting up for the runway show. I was really sad.


After calling it quits I headed home for some relaxation since I knew I would be the only one in the apartment. Watched some Parenthood, looked at some invitation design, made some phone calls. It was relaxing. Once my roommates got home we watched The Grammy's (yeah Adele!).

I'm looking forward to a more relaxed week working on a project I am really excited about.

1 comment: