To Brooklyn we go!

"Today is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."--Psalm 118:24

Today is an especially great day. Aaron is on his way. He will be here in about....90 minutes! I am so overjoyed and excited for some needed time with my future husband(!). In case I don't have time to post here is an update on my life/weekend!

This weekend was filled with a few adventures and a good amount of relaxing. It was wonderful. On Friday we went to a city-wide worship night that Allie had heard about from her church Forefront. It was a great way to start off the night. Following that we tried to go to Max Brenners but due to how many people love chocolate the wait was around an hour. We changed our minds and headed on over to Vive la Crepe. They were good, not as amazing as It's Just Crepes at home. And like DOUBLE the price.

Saturday Kendra, Amy and I decided to finally head over to Brooklyn. It took us 3 weekends! We went over to Williamsburg to shop around and get some Blue Bottle Coffee. The coffee was delicious! (I have a huge list of coffee shops to go to, thanks to Adam Shaw and this article). We then walked down to the water to try and get a view of Manhattan. It was beautiful, but unfortunately we couldn't figure out how to get past the fence that blocked us out of the park.



Then we shopped, obviously. Thrift stores galore! I am not the best thrift store shopper. It's not that I dislike saving money, I am just not good with unorganized shopping. It stresses me out! I did get a shirt however. It's great :) Kendra and I are sharing until I move out. We also went to a few stores I wanted to check off my list, Catbird and Papel. Catbird has lots of awesome jewelry and knick knacks, while Papel sells cards and stationary. I did buy some things, but I can't show you yet ;)


Our night ended with ordering some bad Indian food (missing deep india...) and watching My Fair Wedding with David Tutera with Kendra. Contrary to the show I just mentioned, I have started reading A Practical Wedding. The book is all about not over stressing and figuring out what really is important to you while planning a wedding. I seriously wish I had this book from the get-go. Pretty much everything my mom told me that I didn't want to listen to... Sorry Mom! Love you!


Sunday was filled with church, bagels & grocery shopping. Hillsong NYC is amazing. Their music, their preaching, everything. I'm loving how much I am learning and growing. It is very apparent that this is where I am supposed to be going to church. I am so excited! It's great to feel on fire and passionate about the Lord every time I leave. God is so good. Always.

Bagels! I love them. And they are everywhere here. This weekend we went to Pick-A-Bagel. Really good! More expensive than other places I have tried (Murray's & bagel stand on the street). Next stop: Ess-A-Bagel.

1 comment:

  1. the coffee looks amazing!!! And I totally miss Cincinnati indian food. So not the same in Seattle either. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete