Best.Weekend.Ever. [Part 2]

On Saturday we woke up and headed to the West Village for some breakfast. We went to Mille-Feuille Bakery for sandwiches and macarons. We took our time walking around because we were on our way to the 9/11 Memorial and didn't have to be there until 12:30. We stopped at Third Rail Coffee and looked at things along the way. Tourism, relaxing tourism actually. Then we headed to the memorial. Really worth the visit. It is so impressive and emotional in person. Tickets are free and the area is surprisingly not busy.





After the memorial we stopped at Century 21 (Aaron got so much great stuff) then walked around TriBeCa. I hadn't been down there yet so I wanted to explore. The large buildings everywhere were so cool to look at. So crazy how different the little hubs in NYC are. Then we headed back to the village for some lunch and walking around. We decided to eat some New York Pizza at Joe's Pizza and get some Canoli's at a dessert place. By this time we were STUFFED! Lets just say, we didn't eat til 10pm.



We went to Rye in Brooklyn as a suggestion of one of my co-workers at Rockwell. She described it as "hipster fancy." And hipster fancy it was. I asked Aaron what he thought of the menu and he said "I think I have never seen this much flannel in my life." I loved it. The food was great, conversation was even better. I've got such a great man, he spoils me rotten.

Phew, we're only just now getting to Sunday?! Holy cow... I really did do a lot this weekend. Sunday Aaron and I woke up, got some bagels, and headed over to Macy's. We were looking at furniture for our soon-to-be home! Then we headed over to church for vision Sunday at Hillsong NYC. It was a great time, always is. We then grabbed a few things for our Superbowl party and headed home.
I also got Monday off because it was Aaron's last day with me. It was spent canoodling around the city, taking in every last moment we could. We headed to Chelsea Market and the Highline for the morning.
Then we went to Gravy for lunch. It was good, not amazing. But they had honey butter.. now THAT was amazing! Then we ran a couple of errands before heading home so Aaron could pull his stuff together. It was such a good weekend.




Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment