Best. Weekend. Ever. [Part 1]

My weekend started Wednesday. Well not really, but it sure felt like it. Aaron finally arrived in NYC on Wednesday and I was as happy as can be. I met up with him for an early lunch and to give him keys. After spending a mere 30 minutes with him I had to return to work. After work Aaron came to meet me at the office before going out to grab dinner. We wanted to go to Corner Bistro for dinner because of the episode of How I Met Your Mother based on it (the best burger in NY), but it was a little busy so we instead went to BLT Burger. It was awesome! I was so happy to get to eat a good burger. They had great milkshake options and deals. $17 for a burger, fries and any beer on tap. When a beer averages $10 in NYC I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Followed with Max Brenner's dessert pizza, it was a great night.



On Thursday, Aaron and I grabbed bagels at Murray's bagels before I went off to work. Yum, I love those bagels. Then he walked me to work before he headed over to our favorite coffee place, Stumptown. I worked for a while before meeting up for lunch at 'wichcraft. After work we decided to go get drinks and appetizers at a place I had been wanting to go to. We went to Death + Company and had some amazing food and drinks. Proscuitto and Grape flatbread.. yum. Unfortunately missed out on the Lobster Brioche rolls. I'll have to go back then! Afterwards we went to go see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It was a good movie and I'd recommend it.

Friday is truly where my weekend started. I only had to work a half day because I was going to see The Martha Stewart show with Kendra and Allie. We had very strict restrictions on clothing (no patterns or neutrals, dress warm, be stylish, she loves bright colors) so I spent a while thinking over what I was going to wear. I even had a backup! I ended up getting away with a black blazer and didn't have to switch outfits. It's airing Monday, February 13th if you want to see us! We sat in a front-ish row.




After Martha I went home to meet up with Aaron because we had dinner reservations at Nobu Next Door. I have been wanting to go here ever since I came to New York with my parents 5 years ago. It's still considered restaurant week (more like month) so we got a great deal. It was amazing. Rockwell designed the interior so I was really excited to see where I worked in action. It looked great! The food was fantastic as well. So cool. Plus I had great company :) We decided to call it a night and go watch a movie and snuggle on the couch.

I'll have to cut this off here so I don't bore you to tears and also can have another post coming up! Be ready for part two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment