Weekend Adventures

This weekend was a long weekend! Hooray! I was able to leave work early on Friday because of "clean the office day." We cleaned all afternoon and were rewarded with pizza (from Two Boots, duh!). And because my area is already so sparkling, I was dismissed at 3:30! It was great. I met up with Tyler at one of his new favorite restaurants Kash Kaval. It was a mediterranean wine/tapas/fondue bar with a market in front. Really, really delicious food. The fondue reminded me of Poco Piatti's flaming cheese. Oopa! After dinner Allie and I met up with Kendra and her family for ice cream at Big Gay Ice Cream. It's delicious. We've been there an embarrassing number of times... We came home, played some Monster Destroyer and called it a night.

I had Saturday all to myself. It was so weird. I went to Patisserie Claude to try out this amazing chocolate croissant I had heard about. It absolutely lived up to the hype! Crunchy, yet fluffy with the best chocolate. Delicious. The I wandered around the village for a bit before heading up to Central Park. I walked around Central Park, looked at the zoo and thought I had made it pretty far into the park before I realized that I wasn't even halfway though! That place is huge. Tyler and I have plans to go back and get some macarons from Lauderee and walk around the park. Sounds great!





I then went home and did some freelance work for my dad and also worked on my wedding invitations! Eek! After getting a chunk of work done I met up with Kendra and her family for dinner at Ember Room and to see some clean sketch comedy at the National Comedy Theater. Ember Room was really great! It was around $18 a plate and felt and tasted like it should have cost around $30. It was wonderful. The comedy show was really fun and involved the crowd a lot. It reminded me a lot of Who's Line Is It Anyways. It was a welcomed night after a hardworking day.

Sunday started with Hillsong NYC, of course. This was a special week though. Brian Houston was in town from Hillsong Sydney... or the main church. He and Bobbie are the head pastors of Hillsong. Crazy! That, I was aware of. What I wasn't aware of was Hillsong United's JD & Joel Houston leading worship. AMAZING! They are so good! After church I came back to hang out and relax a bit. This turned into a full on day of relaxation which then turned into a day of homesickness. Phew. This added a bad attitude to my mom and crying for Aaron. Not a good moment. I'm finding the busier I am the less homesick I get.

I slept in Monday (thank you Presidents!) before Kendra and I had a spa day extravaganza. We went to Jeniette Day Spa to get mani-pedi's. It was great to get pampered for the day. After getting our nails done, we headed to nanoosh, a hummus place by my work. It was delicious! The pita was crazy huge! I still think Hummus Place is the best, but this is a cheaper alternative. Then we took the "journey" down to Soho to go to Rice to Riches. I had seen this place on The Best Thing I Ever Ate and wanted to give it a shot. It was awesome! I tell you what, New York does dessert right. 21 flavors of rice pudding with toppings and fun containers. I was loving it.


We ended our long weekend with some roommate time and beer. It was a nice end to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment