What I've been up to...

As my time winds down in this fabulous city I have to carefully consider where to go before I leave. As I mentioned in my Tidbit post, Aaron decided to come visit me this past weekend! It was so nice to see his face, sans computer screen, and give him a hug and kiss! I'm pretty sure he wins best fiance award for jumping on a plane after realizing how bad of a week I was having. This weekend was a little slower than most, the L train was down which made it extremely discouraging to go anywhere. This weekend, however, I will NOT let it stop me!

On saturday, Amy, Kendra, Tyler, Aaron & I went to the Sunburnt Cow. We had been wanting to go there since we got here! It's an aussie-style brunch restaurant where the staff is all Australian (accents totally included) and they serve things like Barrier Reef Eggs Benedict; Eggs Benedict over crab cakes. Everything also comes with french fries (chips). It was great. What was not great was waiting 1.5 hours for a table. Thankfully we live pretty close and could go home and wait. We're going again this weekend and definitely have a reservation instead! Hooray!




Saturday was filled with catching up on 30 Rock and naps. This was followed with dinner at Colicchio and Sons, a place I've been wanting  to go! It is gorgeous inside! Unfortunately, I was still super full from our brunch and didn't want to eat some of the fantastic menu items. I ordered mussels, which were great, but I was just so full. I would highly recommend this restaurant though, we ate in the Taproom because it is a little bit cheaper and just as wonderful. I would definitely go again.

For sunday, we woke up and went to church. After church, Aaron and I began our adventure. I finally went to Eataly! Eataly is a market/restaurant in the Flatiron district. There are like 8 little restuarants (2 fancy ones) within the market plus little places to shop and buy fancy italian cheeses and pastas (handmade!). We got lunch (proscuitto sandwiches) and walked around a bit. Then we got gelato and headed out before it got too crazy! Someday I'll go to the one in Italy...




We then decided to do some shopping on our way to central park. We took the subway up to Rockefeller and shopped our way up 5th avenue. It was so fun! I think that I get more excited about shopping for our home than I do about clothes. When did that happen?! West Elm is officially our favorite store, a perfect combination of the two of us. We even added some things from there onto our online registry. So fun.



We ended our night at Veritas, a restaurant recommendation from a co-worker. We walked in to an extremely romantic restaurant where we had the whole room to ourselves. It felt like Aaron bought out the restaurant for out dinner. Our waiter was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Which we definitely needed when their wine list was at least 50 pages long! The wine he chose for us was fantastic! So different and delicious. The food was wonderful and the company was even better. It was one of my favorite meals thus far in the city. The chef even gave us free pre-appetizer soup shooters and banana muffins at the end of the meal. After being swept off my feet we went home to watch the Oscars and play bi-coastal bingo with my roommates. It was an exceptional night.

This weekend will be filled with brooklyn and brunch. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why I am making that face in my picture... haha :)

    And yes, it was a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete