Invitations: Part 2

We started pressing on a Tuesday Night. After 40 hours spread across 5 days and we finally completed our pressing! We began with the blind emboss to warm ourselves up. I was going to include all of the math, but lets just say we had to press a total of 1,200 times. I'll explain the process with some pictures!
Aaron build me a letterpress for my birthday a year ago. The press wasn't exactly
what we were looking for so Aaron built this letterpress while I was in New York.
This is the hydraulic that made the press work.
Placing the guides for the paper. This is the system that Aaron came up with so I could line everything up.
It had to be just perfect! 
Remains of setting up the guide system
What the paper and letterpress plates looked like prior to putting into press. 
All of our plates
Aaron pressing...
Blind emboss= SUCCESS!
Bring in the ink..
Aaron rolled on the ink to all of the plates...
This is what Aaron's living room looked like every night. 
Wow, doing this update made me realize that I gave Aaron all of the hard jobs! He was so great through this whole process. Staying up til 2am printing then going into work the next day. I was so impressed! Letterpressing was a very time consuming task, but it was a team building experience for the both of us. Coming up next: Assembling the invites.

1 comment:

  1. They look awesome Emily/ I'm so glad you got to make your dream invitations!

    ReplyDelete